Open until filled | The Hague, Netherlands
Cachette Capital BV and its accompanying affiliates are in search of an Associate to join their Den Haag, Netherlands office and assist with European growth. Cachette Capital BV is part of Cachette Capital Management and its subsidiaries which are investment funds specializing in venture capital fund investing.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate role at Cachette Capital BV is designed to foster someone eager to learn about investing and assist in various investment deal-making processes. One of the key traits of the Associate is to assist the Investment Advisory Committee with research and external outreach with other individuals and firms.
The most common areas in which the Associate role is responsible for CCM and its needs are:
- Startup Dealflow and Research: having in depth knowledge of underlying startup funding and startups which are within the venture funds in which CCM invests.
- Networking, Events and Conferences: Associates are expected to participate in various social and otherwise professional events.
- Investor Relations: As the next generation of the firm, Associates are expected to field and bring their own investors on-board as well as support relations with current firm investors.
- Venture Capital: Deep understanding of how venture capital works as an asset class and financial tool for market and business growth.
CCM is unique as a fund-of-funds and financial investing firm as the level of knowledge required to work at CCM is incredibly high, particularly in venture capital investing and software technologies. Nearly every person at the firm must have a technical background amongst other skills.
- Pursuing a career in finance: as the knowledge that is learned and shared within CCM can often be trade-secret, we like to train and work with others who plan to stay in the industry and suppose the ecosystem.
- Technical Literacy: since our firm is cutting edge and high tech, any associates would need to also have robust technical skills with technology, email, messaging and other virtual tools.
- Accuracy: all associates must be precise in their conclusions and reporting.
- Ability to Manage Time and Priorities: in a fast paced environment, we need people who can think on their feet and keep the important stuff first.
Working at CCM can be an exciting experience and thus the requirements are high, particularly for the specific role of Associate.
The ideal candidate would possess skills as:
- Deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and investing
- Handle everyday travel and professional logistics
- Fluency in another language other than English
- Eagerness to learn about venture capital
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent in process) from a top-tier institution
The more preferred candidates would be familiar with or have:
- CFA or finance background
- MBA or business background
- LLM or tax background